Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Spin Little Spider, Spin

At all too early o'clock this morning, I was staring at my bedroom ceiling watching a spider busily weaving a web in one of the corners.

My first thought was what the hell am I doing up so early. The second: Girl, get this house cleaned up now! And, the third was a bit more profound- wow, the patterns in that web are stunning- beautiful in their own way and design.

I have to love the way messages arrive. That was such a kicker into my overtired, overstressed, sleep deprived brain. It was a reminder from the Angel Jophiel to slow down and shift perspective. She is the guardian of creativity, interior designers and inspires beauty in home environments. Most people see a spider and come running with the tissue to smoosh and flush. In my world, spiders are to respect, not fear. Grandmother Spider is the builder, architect and ultimate interior designer. Those webs are a engineering miracle if you really look at one, before whacking it and the poor architect with a broom.

Like Grandma Spider in my bedroom ceiling corner, I"ve been busy weaving lately. Holiday preparations, helping plan a 50th birthday party, family drama, work- but unlike my little 8 legged friend, my results aren't always as tangible, or as lovely. I didn't quite have the heart to kill the spider, but I did gently shoo it outside.

It did inspire me to pull out the Medicine Cards again- and in my reading tonight, the Spider card made an appearance. It is the medicine of careful planning, building and patience. Think about it- the spider does not immediately consume its prey. There is something to be said about slowing down to savor the good things in life. It takes time and patience to weave a solid, sound web.

Blessings
Rachel

1 comment:

Stirling Davenport said...

omg, this is amazing because I love spiders. Miles' other grandmother (Christene in St. Louis) used to always put spiders in her pockets because she believed they were lucky. So we are not the only ones. Spin on, little spider.