Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My LIfe in Movie Titles...

It came to me last night that I could apply at least 30 movies titles to describe life in the past 5 years- there truly is a movie for every situation:

Insomniac: Sleepless in Seattle
Family Dynamic: The ADDAMS Family, Addams Family Value
Praying for real email: You've Got Mail
Spark of Creative Genius: Young Frankenstein
Studying for Exams: Mel Brooks' History of the World
Job Hunting: Monty Python's Holy Grail
My job at LD: Nightmare on Elm Street
Puppy wrangling in Vermont: The Beethoven movies (ya know, the ones with the st. Bernard)
Weddings: My Best Friend's Wedding
New Baby- Not Mine!: 9 months
Attempting to play basketball: Air Bud- believe me, the dog looks like Michael Jordan compared to me.
Dressing for my cousin's wedding after a red eye flight to California: corpse bride
Spending time with my family at said wedding: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Jury Duty: Time to Kill
Christmas retail season beginning in August: nightmare before Christmas
Spring Insect Visitation: Beetlejuice
Fall Mouse Visitation: Stuart Little
Mom's Passing- Steel Magnolias, StepMom or Terms of Endearment
Getting revenge on dad's near miss engagement to the great white widower shark: first wives club.. best line in that movie.. don't get mad, get everything.
Walking to HR to get fired: Dead Man Walking
Road Trip to Vermont with a good friend of mine: Thelma and Louise
Craving a trip to an alternate reality: Wizard of Oz
Watching my uncle trashed out of his mind at my cousin's wedding: Saturday night fever.. oooh yes, disco is alive and well.
Getting in touch with my inner villainous diva/queen of swords (for you non-tarot folk, she is the queen who tells it like it is- and doesn't hesitate to cut you in the process): Little Mermaid and Snow White
Finding a man who does my bidding: Princess Bride- Wesley was a wise man... "As you wish" should be a part of male vocabulary training.
Being reminded that flirting with the wrong man can be deadly: The Other Boleyn Girl

And, there you have it.. my life in movie titles. Try it- lot harder than you think.

I now return you to our regularly scheduled tedium.

No comments: